
The light is streaming in through my window, I wake up before the alarm clock goes off, I receive a text message on my cell phone, I make a phone call before even getting out of bed, I get up, enjoy my breakfast while watching the news to catch up on the latest happenings in the world, I blast my i-tunes on my computer and jump in the shower, throw some clothes into the washing machine, sit down at my computer and type a blog. This sounds like a great Saturday morning of rest and relaxation doesn't it?
Here is the problem. It is Thursday morning and I have overslept (I turned the alarm off in my sleep). I woke up when one of my co-workers text me to let me know that she was coming in late, I look at the clock and it said 6:45am (that is the time I get in my car to go to work), I call my supervisor to let her know that I am going to be late and then I lay my head back down on the pillow and think about the fact that I have overslept. Instead of being upset that I overslept, I praised the Lord for the extra sleep and realized that I could take my time this morning and I would miss rush hour traffic. I actually sat down to eat breakfast instead of eating it on the run, I took my time getting in the shower, I straightened up my room while dancing around the room to the songs on my itunes, and I just enjoyed not having to rush out the door.
What a peaceful way to start what is going to be a great day! Lord, thank you for allowing me to slow down this morning!
1 comment:
And to only think, if I hadn't texted you, you might still be asleep :-)
Post a Comment