
"Hold my hand and I will do the rest." That statement sounds like something that God asks of us but tonight I heard these words from a 3 year old. I took 3 year old Emma to the park near her house. The park has swings, things to climb on and slides. What did she want to do for most of the night? She wanted to spend her time on the slides but the fascinating part is that she wanted to climb up the slides instead of going down (the right way). I watched her try over and over again to climb up the slide but right before she reached the top, she would slide back down without making it all the way to the top. She continued this ritual over and over again for about 10 minutes. I offered my help on several occasions but she continued to say "no thank you". After about 10 minutes, she stopped trying to go up the slide, turned to me and said "Miss Alissa, hold my hand but I will do the rest." As I helped Emma climb to the top of the slide while holding her hand, tears came to my eyes as I thought about the times in my life when I try to climb the slides of my life (work, friendships, relationships) and I refuse God's help or I don't listen to His offer of help. All God wants me to do is to reach out "hold His hand" and He will do the rest. Children are always so fascinating to me because so many times their innocent words are a true reflection of God's love and His words. God allowed a 3 year old to remind me that I can keep climbing the slides of my life on my own but I am going to continue to slide back down to the bottom but if I will just hold His hand, He will do the rest.
4 comments:
Wow!! Great Story!
Great post..its so true!
that makes me smile!!
:)so touching
Post a Comment