Thursday, September 13, 2007

Computers: Permanent Error

How many of you remember the days of computers not being in homes? Do you remember your first computer? How many of you have a computer at home, the office and a laptop? Computers are a fun invention but they can be trouble. Yesterday we had network issues at work and I received several emails from various people telling me that our network was rejecting emails being sent to me. A friend of mine sent me the response she kept receiving and I wanted to share the humorous response that our network sent out: (Enjoy!)


Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.highspd.net.

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny...Our first computer at home was only about 5 years ago when my parents finally decided to buy one. Now that I'm on my own the hubby brought his to my house along with his laptop for work. I don't miss it when its not working though. =)

Bound4Glory said...

Ha! I got the same message a while back, and remember thinking, boy, when you're getting rejected by your technology...that's REAL rejection.
I felt like I'd just broken up and needed to go home and eat some ice cream, right out of the box...

The same day, I was making copies and the copier suddenly stopped and said..."This may take longer than expected. Please wait."
How did IT know how long I was expecting it to take in the first place?!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!

Site Meter