
Children talking about Jesus, laughter, music, missions, arts and crafts, outdoor play, sports, footballs, cheerleaders, music, and so much more. I had the privilege of working with pre-k children at a Baptist church in Arkansas for an entire week. I had nine children (5 girls and 4 boys) and they blessed my life in unimaginable ways. It is amazing how difficult I sometimes makes my spiritual walk and how I sometimes don't find the time to spend time with my Father. During the week at VBS, the children taught me that I don't have to make it difficult, my prayers can be simple and that the lesson is to "Keep My Eyes on Jesus". I watched in awe during the week as over 100 children heard about Jesus, teachers worked endless amounts of time to make sure that their classrooms were ready, much prayer went into preparing for the week, many ladies worked in a hot kitchen to make sure that snack was ready for over 100 children and around 40 teachers, one of the head leaders made over 150 hamburgers, the two ladies in arts and crafts were patient with my pre-k children even when beads were being thrown on the floor or they didn't want to do an art project, people all over the church stepped up to the plate when help was needed and so much more. It was truly one of the best weeks I have ever had in my life and I can't wait until next year.
Here are a few moments from my week…
*Will (5 yrs) leaning his head back in missions on Monday and saying "I just can't take this"
*Kirsten would never smile when I tried to take her picture
*Will found a quarter in the hymnal and then he began looking in all of the hymnals for more money while saying that "God gave it to him"
*Inflatable balls being thrown around the room while aiming for each others heads followed by the deflation of the balls and when I was asked why I was deflating them, one of the little boys said "that is a good idea since I am the one throwing them at your head"
*Kirsten hitting the big football player who "hurt" her friend Carson (the football player was providing an example-no one was injured)
*Kelby skipping down the hall excited about going outside
*One of the little boys telling his mom that he had the "bestest week ever"
*the children asking for a push on the swings from the other children and not the teachers
*When asking the little children who we should keep our eyes on, they would yell "Jesus"
*When we as the teachers asked who wants to pray, many little hands went into the air
No comments:
Post a Comment