
Over the weekend, I had the pleasure of spending the weekend with my dad in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida. It was wonderful to spend time with him, enjoy two beautiful days, listen to the ocean waves coming and going, sleep in, great food and one of the most enjoyable things I did was pick up a book and read almost the entire thing (very rare for me due to time constraints). What's funny is that I am a single woman but I read "The Mystery of Marriage" by Mike Mason. This book was recommended to me by a friend of mine who heard about the book from her brother who is in seminary. This is one of the best books I have ever read. "The Mystery of Marriage" details marriage in relation to our human relationships with our significant other but it always relates our earthly marriage to our relationship with our Heavenly Father. The book scared me to death about getting married but it also challenged me to have a great desire to be married (which I do have) and to look forward to the unconditional love I will experience with an earthly love and with someone who will love me as my Heavenly Father loves me (or at least my earthly love will live his life with God as his number one priority). I underlined and earmarked so many pages because every other sentence spoke to me. Three of the quotes I will leave you with are...
"Love is an earthquake that relocates the center of the universe."
"For marriage is a trap. It is a trap of pure love. The love is so pure, so intense, that it can be like a big iron gage that clangs shurt behind us."
"Give love an inch and it will take our whole lives, and it will all happen like lightning, in the twinkling of an eye."
No comments:
Post a Comment