Monday, March 31, 2008

A Pain Unlike Anything Else

Tonight I had the wonderful experience of getting a concussion. I was working in my dad's attic, stood up really fast, nailed the back of my head on a stationary board, got disoriented, dizzy, nauseated, ears ringing (all of the other classic signs of a concussion). The pain that I experienced was unlike any pain I have ever felt in my entire life. I waited for a little while after hitting my head before it was decided that I would have the pleasure of going to the ER. I was in the ER for about 3 hours in which they did a CAT scan, decided that I had a concussion but no bleeding and decided that I could go home. I did get a nice surprise when I left which is that my insurance company has now tacked on a $100 co-pay for ER visits. Now comes the fun part of my night..trying to find a way to lay down without feeling sick or making my head hurt any more than it does right now. A special thank you to J.S, A.J, R.G, and C.T for sitting with me in the ER. You all are the greatest of friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Glad you are okay and God is so good to give us good friends like the ones who sat with you at the ER.

jennyhope said...

GIRL how awful! And to talk about copays mine are 150 every time. I hate it!! I am so glad you are ok!

Site Meter