The last few days of my life have been one of a very emotional struggle and battle. I am trying to find the balance between happiness and hurt, holding on and letting go, new vs. old, giving thanks and asking why, crying and laughing, and so much more. I know that God has a plan and everything is under His control but sometimes it is hard to convince my heart of that. It is hard to stay in control while being under His control. In trying to find comfort and answers through my tears, I pulled out past sermon notes from past sermons at my church and I can only repeat over and over again what has been shared over the last few months. Here are some ideas that I am trying to hold on to with all of my strength (they are going to be random):
What is the chief end of man?
Man's chief end is the glorify God and enjoy Him forever!
GLORY: the sum total of who God is
I must see God's greatness.
Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgements and how inscrutable his ways! For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid? For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever, Amen. Romans 11:33-36
I must see his goodness.
The LORD descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children's children, to the third and the fourth generations." Exodus 34:5-7
I must see God's glory in the face of Jesus Christ.
For God, who said, "Let light shine out of the darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6
Christianity is all about being joyful in God.
The kingdom of heaven in like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and busy that field. Matthew 13:44
God commands us to seek our joy in Him.
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
Only joy in God can satisfy us.
You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11
I must make efforts to pursue joy in God.
But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a reruge in the day of my distress. Psalm 59:16
I must complete my joy in God by praising Him.
I will rejoice and be glad in your steadfast love, because you have seen my affliction; you have known the distress of my soul. Psalm 31:7
CA Wildlife
6 months ago
1 comment:
So ironic that my pastor preached on this very type of topic and I was reading over Beth Moore's blog and she was speaking of the same things also. We have to Give God all of our heart and glory to receive the blessings he has stored up for us. I think its so hard sometimes though. Praying for you!
Post a Comment