Tetelestai: "It is finished."
For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen. Romans 11:36
I have been so wrapped up in my own selfish desires this week that I have taken my eyes off what is truly important. What is important is that Jesus Christ paid it all for me that I may live in eternity. He has forgiven me of all my sins and God has taken care of everything. The goal of my life should not be to reach perfection but to fight against anything that dims my sight of Jesus Christ. There is no middle ground in being a Christian but either I trust Him or I don't. Only He can change me. My eyes were reopened this morning as I sat in church in the back by myself so that I could focus on His word. Today's sermon was titled "It is finished." The Glory of the Cross.
IT IS FINISHED: God has completely saved me.
And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him... Colossians 2:13a
IT IS FINISHED: God has completely forgiven me.
...having forgiven us all our trespasse, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. Colossians 2:13b-14
IT IS FINISHED: God has completely defeated my enemy.
He disarmed the rules and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him. Colossians 2:15
CA Wildlife
6 months ago
1 comment:
I thought this was so good! Good to see you! your class is so precious! =) I also liked your red purse. ;)
Post a Comment