Thursday, December 13, 2007

Pet Peeves

A few things have been on my mind today and I have realized that I need to get a few pet peeves off of my mind so I thought that my blog was the best way so please forgive my ranting.

My First Pet Peeve: Slowing down or coming to a complete stop in rush hour traffic to stare at the police car on the shoulder of the road helping a car that has a flat tire. What is up with this? It is a flat tire people..not a 10 car accident.

My 2nd Pet Peeve (a little more heartfelt than the 1st): Why do we as Christians continue to blame our problems in adulthood on our childhood problems or on something that our parents did? If we make a bad decision or something goes wrong in our lives, we say it is because of something that happened to us or that we did as a child. We are adults who have a Lord who loves us and will help us overcome anything that comes our way. It is time that we stop blaming what "happened" to us when we were young, take responsibility for our actions, and make changes.

My 3rd Pet Peeve: Opinions, Opinions, Opinions! I am usually the 1st to offer an opinion when a friend or family member in my life shares something with me and I have a tendency to share whether I am asked to or not and it is something that I need to work on but what I don't understand is why when you ask or tell someone that you would prefer to not here their opinion, they feel that they need to share it anyway to "solve" your problems or when someone who doesn't understand or know a situation at all decides to butt in to your life to share what they think or to "share" what is on their mind. Here is one thing about opinions...many times offering opinions causes a lot of hurt and can lead people to make decisions about their lives that are not what they want but what other people want them to do. Maybe silence is golden!

I have a few other pet peeves but I will leave those unspoken (for now). :) Thanks for reading! Please feel free to share any pet peeves that you have!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to all 3 especially #2.

jennyhope said...

i think silence is one of the hardest ones.
I learned so much when I lost Shelby...of what not to say. Sometimes there is just nothing to say. I am with you on the rest. This is a good post =)

Site Meter