Friday, December 21, 2007

My Friday Night Date

The preparations for my Friday night date with my special guy began around 3pm. I left work early, cleaned out my car, bought something special for my car, picked out some comfortable casual clothes, double-checked the meeting time, and headed out the door. I met up with my date around 5:30pm and I was met with a big smile, a laugh and a hug. We headed to Logan's for dinner. We enjoyed a dinner of chicken fingers, fries and a chicken sandwich and I have to admit that my special guy was a little messy. After dinner, we headed to my grandmother's to surprise her. We had a good visit except for the brief 2 minute ranting by my special friend and the hardest part of the rant was the lack of being able to understand every word. We headed back to my special guy's house where we ate sugar cookies, watched tv, danced to Christmas music and just had a great time. Who is my special guy you may ask? It is my 19 month old nephew Reece. I bought a car seat this afternoon, put on jeans and a sweater and I enjoyed a great evening of laughing, dancing, talking in mostly misunderstood words, and eating Christmas sugar cookies with Reece. He will never remember tonight but I will always have the memory etched in my mind as a very special time.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can see why you picked him over us. :)

We missed you last night, but I'm glad you were able to spend time with your nephew. I know how special that time can be.

Merry Christmas!

jennyhope said...

aww he is so cute! that is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

He's adorable. He will remember more than you think. My nieces do and that is the most special thing ever. Merry Christmas!

Site Meter