Arthritis affects 300,000 children, 8.4 million people between the ages of 18-44 and it is the leading cause of disability in people over the age of 55. On Saturday, December 1st, I ran in the Jingle Bell Run 5K Run/Walk/1 Mile Fun Run. All of the money raised will go towards the Arthritis Foundation. A special thank you to Matt, Kathy and Suzanne who helped me with my fundraising. This was my first time to run/walk in an event like this and it was a definite challenge as I have never run outside before, there were hills and I had an unexpected sidekick-7 month old Carter (a friend's baby). I look forward to my next 5K and thank you again to my fundraising friends and my little 7 month old cheerleader.
CA Wildlife
6 months ago
3 comments:
how do I always miss this stuff? I love exercise!!
Congrats on your first run for such a great cause! We always do the Race for the Cure with my mom here in Little Rock. Its so rewarding being surrounded by 40,000 women. You and your friends should check out doing one in your area. Its really a lot of fun for a bunch of girls.
Thats awesome Alissa.
Post a Comment