Friday, July 27, 2007

A Purpose


PURPOSE
*the reason for which something exists or for which it has been done or made
*the goal or intended outcome of something
*the desire or the resolve necessary to accomplish a goal
*to intend or to do something


Life holds many experiences through which God allows us to be a part of His purpose for each experience. I have been a part of something for a long time and only towards the end did I see what God's plan and purpose was for me being a part of this something. In the beginning I thought I knew what His plan was for my purpose but over the course of time, I realized that His purpose was not my purpose and I reached a level of acceptance. The hardest part is that the something has come to an end but I don't feel ready for God's purpose and reason to come to a close because I feel a lack of completeness and I am sad because I loved being a part of God's purpose for this something. God enabled me to use my spiritual gifts, He strengthened me, and He worked through me but now my work is done although the truth is that it was never my work but God's work. I know that God will continue to work in my something without me being a part of it. I know that God has another purpose for me in many other somethings but saying good bye to one something is bittersweet. I looked up the word purpose in the Bible today and the following comforting verses were made evident.


Psalm 33:11: "But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations."

Psalm 138:8: "The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever-do not abandon the works of your hands."

Psalm 19:21: "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."

Ephesians 1:11: "It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ..he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone."

3 comments:

jennyhope said...

I love Psalm 138:8. He WILL NOT ABANDON the work of His hands. How that tenders my heart.

jennyhope said...

I got your message on myspace. I still cant figure out when I can talk to the director but I am going to. I just dont want anyone else going through that either. thank you for your message and I think i have a pinched nerve or something. I like that pic on your blog!
Also, church was so good yesterday wasn't it!

jennyhope said...

I love you girl! thank you for your sweet message!

Site Meter