Not Wrong, Just Different
When you hear the words "NOT WRONG, JUST DIFFERENT", what do you think of? I would love to hear your ideas and then I will do a follow-up blog explaining the words and what they mean from the angle I am talking about.
CA Wildlife
6 months ago
3 comments:
Let me guess...
Emerson Eggerichs, Love and Respect?
We have been through it twice...and just love it!
That's something I've been challenged with actually expressing since being married and having children. I have certain ways I tend to fold towels and load the dishwasher - and all sorts of other things - and places I like to store the dishes... it goes on and on. I appreciate any help I get because household chores are something that's going to have to be done again immediately. BUT, Jonathan says it's hard to get motivated to help me because I'm so particular about the way I do things. He does them differently so he feels like I would think he's done them wrong. I try to make sure he knows I think he's not doing stuff wrong, just different. That's something I want my boys to grow up knowing... just because something is different doesn't mean it's wrong.
But on the other hand, there are some things that aren't just different - they're wrong. We're called as Christians to exhibit a certain, higher standard of behavior: that of Christ. While we're supposed to love and be encouraging, somewhere there's a line and we have to watch that line.
I think of marriage mentoring. :)The differences we face with men and women
Post a Comment