% of time? What does that mean? I learned the valuable lesson of a % of time this morning in Sunday school. My husband and I will be involved in a marriage mentoring group this month. We are joined up with 3 other couples and we will be counseled by a strong Christian couple. As I looked at the sheet with the other couples names, I realized that a % of time was listed next to each person regarding the % of the number of times that someone has been in Sunday School since joining the class. I was absolutely saddened and shocked at the number next to my name. I remember the days of having a 95-100% next to my name. I am so embarrased and shocked by the number next to my name that I can't even put it in writing.
As I stared at the number, so many reasons popped into my head as to why I have not been in Sunday school as often as I should...took a while to find a couples SS class, traveled a lot when we first joined the class, weekends of babysitting, and severe fatigue when I was in my first 4 months of pregnancy. As I said the reasons in my head, I realized that I was using excuses for why I have not been in SS and not reasons. There are legitimate reasons for why I have not been in SS on many Sunday's but what about the other Sunday's? I can not think of one reason for why I was not there. I also looked at the % of time and thought about the lack of times I have been in SS and compared it to the amount of time I have spent in God's word at home. My % of time at home is not close to 95-100% either.
I thought about the % of time the entire SS class and compared it to our SS topic on true believers/spiritual people. What kind of example do I set for my husband, my family and my friends by not going to SS? What am I telling God about what I think of Him and my time with Him? My % of time with God has to change because it is important to God, my spiritual life, my family's life and the example that I set for others.
What is your % of time spent with God?
CA Wildlife
6 months ago
1 comment:
GOOD POST! Very honest. You will have a greater distraction on Sunday mornings coming very soon. Believe me, you have to set your mind to "I will be at church as long as the baby is feeling well"... It starts early and Matt and I made that committment immediately. she was in church on her 2nd week of life and probably has a 95%. If one of us is sick, the other goes with her. I breastfed SA and went down to the nursing room during church or s.s. if needed. You can do it! SA loves to go to church! hang in there. But I have to say I am thankful for a husband who never ever ever misses. It's a team!
Post a Comment