Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 Brief Review

2009 was a year filled with joy, sorrow, fun times, hard times, growth, changes, ups and downs, new adventures and so much more. 2009 has been filled with learning how to be a wife, a better manager at work, a daughter, a better friend, a stronger Christian, and a mother-to-be. I have learned so much about myself through life and through my husband. I fail everyday at being the best wife, manager, and friend I can be but every experience is a growing experience. One of the most exciting events in my year, besides being married, is being a mother-to-be. I struggled with a miscarriage earlier in the year and wondered how long I would wait before having a child. God answered my prayer in 6 months and I am in-waiting now. It is amazing how a pregnancy..actually a child..can put everything into perspective. I no longer can put myself first but I put my husband and the health of my child first. Every decision I make with my body is determined by what my son needs. Bearing a child has been a time in which I have experience love, trust, growth, fear and many emotions. One of the greatest events that has happened in the pregnancy has been that my son decided it was time to remind me that he is there by kicking me often. Life amazes me because he has already shown distaste with the ultrasound doppler and with my laptop being on my stomach. He kicks until those two things are gone. My son has reminded me to enjoy the little things in life and that joy can come from something as small as a kick. As for 2010, I only have a few goals..being a stronger Christian...strive to be a better wife...be the best mother I can be. What are your goals for the year?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

;) we made a few different lists (as a couple, family, etc) for goals for 2010! We worked on one of them tonight...training for a 5K together as a family (All Out For Autism 5K)! We're also going to try to do more hands-on serving of others with the boys...going to feed the homeless this coming Saturday morning.
You have an exciting 2010 ahead of you!

Site Meter