Thursday, December 25, 2008

With All Our Hearts

"With all our hearts we praise His holy name."

The Christmas season has been filled with wonderful and uplifting songs. One of my favorite songs is "O Holy Night". I have heard the songs many times and I have sang the song at the top of my lungs while in the car when it comes on the radio but I realized tonight that maybe I have not truly listened to the words of the song. The one part of the song that stood out to me the most was "with all our hearts we praise His holy name." What a powerful statement...

With all of our hearts....when was the last time that I did anything with all of my heart? When was the last time I prayed with all my heart, trusted with my all my heart, listened with all my heart. God wants our entire heart in everything we do all the time. If I were to give with all of my heart, I would watch my thoughts more carefully, I would watch my words with greater restraint, I would focus more on others than myself, I would give God more than a few minutes of my time a day.

We praise His holy name...I am to praise Him all the time in everthing that I say and do. I am to praise His holy name in the good times and bad. I am to praise Him through prayer and worship.

It is amazing how one phrase can speak volumes of how everyday life is to be used to praise His holy name.

No comments:

Site Meter