Saturday, December 6, 2008

Brownies vs Guitar Hero

Warm, gooey chocolate brownies! Don't those words make you wish for a chocolate brownie with ice cream? If you are wishing for a brownie right now, make sure that you put the games down. I learned tonight that playing games and cooking brownies don't mix. Will, Clay and Emma (the three I am babysitting for) wanted brownies plus we knew we had friends coming over to watch the Alabama vs. Florida game so we thought brownies would be perfect. I put the brownies in the oven, set the timer for 24 minutes, checked the brownies at 24 minutes, add 3 more minutes to the brownies since they didn't seem done, ran downstairs to tell the boys something, got caught up in a Guitar Hero challenge, realized 8 minutes after the alarm had gone off that the brownies were in the oven, I dropped the guitar, jumped over a bean bag, raced up about 18 stairs and immediately took the brownies out of the oven. I was relieved to find that they were still good and warm. However, about 15 minutes after they cooled down, we could have used them as hockey pucks. So the moral of the story..you have a choice to make when cooking...

A Guitar Hero challenge or warm, gooey chocolate brownies!

No comments:

Site Meter