
Today I ran/walked in the Mercedes/BE&K 5 K run to benefit Kid One Transport in Birmingham. In thinking about the run, I wanted to set attainable goals instead of goals that I knew I could not accomplish. In the weeks leading up to the run I was sick and had mouth surgery so I have not stepped foot in the gym in 3 weeks but I stuck to my original goals: 1) Finish the race, 2) Finish the race in under 45 minutes and 3) not finish in last place. I accomplished all three! As I ran across the finish line and I heard my name and number called, I crossed with a sense of accomplishment and I thanked the Lord that He gave me what I needed to accomplish my goal. It is amazing what happens when we ask God for the strength that we need and He gives it to us.
3 comments:
Congratulations on achieving your goal!!!
Awesome!
Hi Alissa! I found your blog via Jennyhope's blog and I thought I would say hi to a fellow Alabamian! (I live in the northwest corner of Alabama). I have enjoyed reading your blog!!!
Post a Comment