It's official! I am a PS2 Rock Band addict but more about that in a minute. What a weekend it has been! My weekend started off with helping a friend move into his new home and then we all sat around and laughed and shared stories from our childhood. On Saturday morning, a beautiful snow fell across Birmingham which allowed me to stay inside all day and begin preparations for my graduate school papers. Sunday started with a wonderful sermon about God's glory (I am absolutely loving the series on God's Glory at Hunter Street Baptist Church) and then church was followed by a thought-provoking Sunday school lesson on a husband's role in marriage. All of Hunter Street Sunday school classes are currently doing a series on God's Purpose for Marriage and it has been a wonderful blessing. Next week we are talking about the wife's role in marriage. As for my new career, I realized tonight (Sunday) that I am a drummer at heart. :) I spent almost 4 hours playing Rock Band on a friend's PS2. On my first round on the drums I scored above 90% and I was hooked from them on (my friend is thrilled that I am hooked because he has been trying for weeks to get me hooked). I played on the guitar a few times but other than that, I was/am addicted to the drums. It has truly been a wonderful and blessed weekend and I am so thankful to be surrounded by so many wonderful and loving people. I hope each of you who are reading this had a blessed and wonderful weekend! May God bless your week!
4 comments:
We played this at Best Buy one night while out "window" shopping. Fun times!
I hate I missed it! We were out with our church friends for dinner and ended up hanging out late so we didn't make it over to hang out with you all.
Ok so I finally got over here to your blog, conveniently when I am supposed to be working....but hey working or blogging which would you choose LOL
I think I will be skipping the wifes role on Sunday! LOL! I am kidding!
Alissa, Have enjoyed your site. Do you ever do speaking engagements if so where will you be speaking?
Marie R.
Post a Comment