I will put my Bible before the television, the radio, the telephone, and even before good Christian books.
I will make my prayer requests known before God.
When times of crisis, conflict or confusion arise, I will hit my knees before I hit the phone knowing that that although friends are important, God alone is the one who holds the solution to life's every problem.
I will erase the words "luck" and "lucky" from my vocabulary and will instead point my speech toward the One who orchestrates every detail of our lives and brings all good things to pass.
When bad things happen, I'll neither grumble nor complain, but will instead see that in the scope of our lives even the bad times are allowed for a reason.
When normal mishaps occur, I will remember that although difficult, it is still easier to remove grape juice from off-white carpet than to erase harsh and unloving words hurled at a person.
When someone has witnessed something ugly in me - unkind words, an angry temper, "harmless" gossip, or biting sarcasm - I will confess it as sin.
I will make time for the lonely, the sick, the elderly, and the difficult to love.
I will make my home a haven of rest and retreat from the outside world and a welcomed place for my friends.
CA Wildlife
6 months ago
1 comment:
I can't keep resolutions so I didn't even try this year. I'm a loser. =)
Post a Comment