
Over the last few weeks, I have thought about 2007 and how it was a very tough year. Through prayers of asking God to show me what I need to be doing differently in my life, I have seen that I have spent a lot of time running away as fast as possible from fears that have come into my life that I needed to face head on. I recently had a situation in which I was faced with a fear and I got in my car and sped away as fast as I could. As I drove away, I was overcome with shock and sadness that I was not facing a fear but I was choosing to leave. As I was driving and praying, I realized that I had slowed down to 15 mph (in a 55 zone) and I knew that was to go back and face my fear head on. As I turned my car around, I was overwhelmed with the strength and courage that God gave me and I was able to face my fear. I knew from then on that I needed to stop running and to face everything head on and to step out on faith.
As I prepare for 2008, I have asked God to show me what I need to change and the resounding answer has been that I need to be taking more steps of faith instead of running. The steps of faith I am taking in my life right now are shrouded with the possibility of fear taking over but God is so good with the strength He has given me. I am taking a step of faith by giving myself 100% to God, dealing with changes going on at work that have been tough, embracing the current marriage series we are doing in Sunday school (it has been a true blessing), getting back into the dating world after not having to be in it for the last three years, working to overcome the fear of trusting someone again with my heart, letting go of various things in my life, going back to graduate school while still working full-time, planning a beach trip for friends without knowing where we will all be in 9 months, choosing healthy food, getting to know new people, and the final step of faith is learning to be indestructibly joyful. My natural fear is going to be to run from my fears but as of now, God has given me what I need to survive and I am so thankful that I can depend on Him for everything.
What are you running from that you need to face head on? Turning around and facing the fears you have in life will give you a strength unlike anything you have ever felt before. God is waiting! Are you ready?
2 comments:
Hang in there!
oh girl do i know about not wanting to face fears!!
Post a Comment