Thursday, May 10, 2007

Letting Go

Letting Go! What a powerful phrase in the Christian walk.

Why is it that letting go can be so full of unimaginable pain? How do you let go of something that you have placed your love in? How do you let go of something that you have dedicated hours upon hours of prayer into? How do you let go of something without letting go of your hopes and dreams? How do you let go of something that you are holding on to with all of your might?
The emotions behind letting go are times filled with tears and crying out to God..looking and asking, no begging, for answers..asking why...wondering "what could I have done differently"…God what is your plan in all of this?...why does this have to hurt so much…how much time will have to pass before the tears stop…when will my heart heal…God, why can't I give you complete control over this situation…

"Letting Go" has been a time in my life when I am focusing on myself and not God's plan for my life. I know the answer to letting go..trust in the Lord and give the control to Him and with giving Him the control will come freedom from the "letting go". "Letting Go" needs to be a time of not great sadness but of great joy!

In the song Completely by Ana Laura (my profile song), she sings about the keys to letting go..love, prayer, change, lying it down at His feet, surrender, searching for truth, and always remembering that I am His and His alone.

Completely by Ana Laura
The secret of life is letting go
The secret of love is letting it show
In all that I do, in all that I say
Right here in this moment
The power of prayer
Is in the humble cry
The power of change
Is in giving my life
And laying down
Down at your feet
Right here in this moment
Take my heart, take my soul
I surrender everything to your control
And let all that is within lift up to you and say
I am yours and yours alone, completely
This journey of life, is a search for truth
This journey of faith, is following you
Every step of the way, through the joy and the pain
Right here in this moment
Take my heart, take my soul
I surrender everything to your control
And let all that is within lift up to you and say
I am yours and yours alone, completely
Right Here, Right Now
And for the rest of my life
Hear me say . . .Take my heart, take my soul
I surrender everything to your control
And let all that is within lift up to you and say
I am yours and yours alone, completely
I am yours and yours alone, completely

No comments:

Site Meter