
Have you ever experienced a flashback to your childhood and wondered when you grew up? I recently babysat for three children (Clay and Will-10 years and Emma-2 years) over the weekend and I was reminded that even as an adult, I can experience the joys of childhood. Here is a brief rundown of the memories made that weekend that allowed me to remember the joys of childhood and I hope that you can experience a flashback in time as well:
carpool line, bloody nose due to a football tackle, 4 boys and pizza (I will let you picture that), high-five's, laughter, ice cream truck and 4 boys running down the street after it, fighting siblings and a 2 year old tattle-telling on her brothers, hide and seek in Champs, NASCAR in Brunos (why didn't they have the race car buggies when we were young), picnic in the backyard, 6:45am wake up call for a baseball game, cheese on apple pie, Saturday afternoon brownies with little hands reaching in to grab pieces of a brownie instead of cutting it, 2000 stairs (3 story house with 2 staircases equals Alissa running up and down the stairs a lot), Wii controllers, bike rides around the neighborhood followed by a bee chasing one of the boys, feeding the ducks at the lake, laundry and more laundry, dishes and more dishes, drying the tears, tents made from blankets and pillows, runaway child car, gas light being below the E and praying that the car will at least coast a few more feet into the gas station, being silly, 10 minutes at the park although it was 20 minutes one way to the park, late nights watching movies and eating popcorn, and rough-housing on the floor.
Hope you enjoyed my experiences and I hope that at least one experience brought back a memory for you. The joys of childhood...who says we can't experience our childhood while being an adult?
No comments:
Post a Comment