Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Things I Have Experienced in Eight Weeks


Over the eight weeks I have experienced so much about being a Mommy and some of the things I have experienced:

the amount and length of time it takes to heal after having a baby

how some babies can fight sleep and think that naps only have to be 10 minutes

the amount of personality that is evident in the first few days of life

the time between bottles can range from 1 hour to 4 hours although the 1-2 hour ranges seem to happen at night

the amount of time I have spent at home and not leaving my house for days

how sleep deprived one person can get

how fast the days have gone by and how big James is getting so quickly

I can't believe that I am back at work

how much I can miss my son during an 8 hour period

the amount of time it takes to leave the house because I have to get myself ready, James dressed and fed, remember to grab my purse, remember the diaper bag and get out to the car

how heavy a car seat can be when carrying a 13 pd baby

the first time running errands on my own and what use to be a quick trip into the grocery store or somewhere like Michael's has become a much longer trip because I can't just get out of the car and run in

the first time you have to cancel or change plans with friends or family because my morning didn't go as planned

the errands and times out that have to be planned around feeding times to that we are not in the car when a hunger cry, aka scream" happens

how much car sickness can happen when riding in the back of the car

the times I have plans to get stuff done around the house (laundry, cleaning, cooking) but nothing gets done

the times I have stayed in bed until noon and taken a nap because James was taking a nap

how great a sweet baby boy can be in the movie theater

how entertaining pictures on the wall can be to a small baby

how my time is no longer my own

how a small baby can help start great conversations with complete strangers

how sweet a baby smile can be

how much fun it is to hold and talk to my sweet baby James

how much I am blessed to be a mom and I can't imagine my life without him

No comments:

Site Meter