Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ethical Dilemmas

I have been missing from the blog world and I am not even sure if anyone even reads anymore but I will still write because it is good for the soul.

I have had many changes in life and in case you haven't heard, I am expecting a new little one. We find out in a few weeks and I can't wait. I want a girl and my husband wants a boy. We will know officially on December 1st.

Life is busy getting ready for the changes and with that comes stress from every direction. One particular stress I am struggling with is that I have recently been put into a situation that has caused me to be forced to conduct practices that I feel are unethical but others think are perfectly okay. The definition of ethical is "pertaining to right and wrong in conduct". My question is how do you fight something that you believe to be unethical but you are met with the challenge of convincing others that unethical practices are happening. How as a Christian do you stand up for what is right when there is so much at risk if you stand up? How do you fight for what is right when you know that you are not going to win the battle? How do you continue to fight when you are constantly met with opposition and the fight leads to arguments and disagreements that get ugly?

All I know to do is to pray that what is right comes to light and I can find a practical way to fight for what I know is right.

1 comment:

Melodie Norman Haas said...

Prayer, of course, is the first and best answer, but also remember, we do not fight for the truth just to win, but because it is the right thing to do.

Site Meter