I am engaged! I am so excited and having a great time but small amounts of panic are setting in. I knew that wedding planning was tough but I honestly had no idea. We have a date, a church, my dress, the bridesmaid dresses, and much more but we are now realizing that the church may not be big enough so we are looking elsewhere, the money to be spent on food and flowers is astronomical, the bridesmaid dresses are all due to come in at all different times, we don't have the tuxes for the guys picked out, and this is just the beginning! I am thrilled to be marrying my man Jamie and I know that if we survive the wedding planning, we will survive the marriage. For all of my married friends, if you have any advice or helpful hints I would love to hear all of your ideas!
5 comments:
Congratulations...again!
Elope. Ha!! Just kidding. Everything will turn out great. I'm so happy for you.
one thing that i'll always remember and i actually think Brooke from CCR told me...make sure you just slow down and remember the details! this time in your life will pass SO fast and you will wonder what in the world happen!! take it all in and know that all will fall into to place! it's hectic, but cherish it!! congrats!!!!!!!!
Completely understand! You guys are moving along a lot quicker than we did. However we did get married fairly fast after getting engaged,but I'll never understand why people wait so long! My advice is to do everything you want and make sure its exactly the way you want it...you'll regret it later even though you will tell yourself you won't...if that makes sense! We got our Tuxedos from Mens Wearhouse because it was the only place where the men from other states could actually get one in their own state. They were great to help and the price wasn't astronomical. If you need any advice please e-mail me and I'll do anything I can to help you!
I have a piece of advice... take more pictures! No matter how many you've been taking lately, take more. And maybe even more. That's something that I regret very much from when I was dating Jonathan and when we were first married. We have a few pictures from different things, but I didn't really start taking pictures until Quinn was born. Now I feel like our photographic documentation is lopsided. :)
Post a Comment