Joy, craziness, busyness, and excitement fill my life but with one emotion thrown in that I never imagined would be present as well: sadness. An engagement time should be filled with the craziness of planning but excitment and joy. However, my engagement has a sense of sadness mixed in. Almost everyone has been happy and excited for me and Jamie but for some strange reason I have a few people who are not overly thrilled and they have made it perfectly known. I feel as though I am losing some friends whom I call my "second family" and I have a couple of friends who are contemplating whether or not our friendship can continue. I never imagined that such a happy time would cause friendships to possibly disappear. The friendships I may lose are special to me and it is so painful to think about what will come to be. Shocking to many but I am actually at a loss for words and it is hard to express the hurt that is present in my heart. I am happy and blessed in my life but I wonder what God is doing in my life with the friendships that are at a risk of being lost. I do not give up easily so I will fight for the friendships until the fight is no longer left in me.
3 comments:
I went through the same thing...it was hard but my true friends are beside me today. I am so thankful for them!
I lost one of my dearest friends when Richard and I became in engaged. Life moves on and you pray for that person. You can't make those people understand your newfound happiness. When its all said and done your true friends are there beside you and nothing else matters. You just keep on praying for that person and move on from it. God helps you move on.
How are things?
Post a Comment