Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Dream and a Prayer

Have you ever thought or dreamed about an idea or concept for a very long time? Did you have a dream as a child? Do you have a dream now? Have you ever had a dream that started to come to fruition and as the reality set in that your dream was coming true, you started to panic a little bit and get scared at the possibility? Have you ever prayed for something for what seems like a lifetime? I have had a dream and a prayer in my life for a very long time and it is beginning to come to fruition but as it is coming true, I have had a sense of fear and uncertainty set in that I never imagined I would experience. There is a sense of excitement mixed with fear but I never imagined that as the dream became a reality, I would experience fear. With a dream, there is a sense of uncertainty but with reality comes change. Maybe I am worried about changes? Something new? A new path in life? Have you ever had a dream in your life that came true? The only thing I know to do is to pray, pray and pray more (and to experience joy, fear, and happiness).

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, in the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15: 13

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3: 5-6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all experience exactly what you wrote about and the fear almost always becomes something wonderful. I had dreamed and prayed about finding my soulmate for a very long time. When I met Richard and it finally started unfolding that this person was exactly who God picked out for me then I automatically freaked out...but the more I prayed the more God unfolded into this perfect experience.

Site Meter