Thursday, May 15, 2008

In His Image: Hands




Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." When I think about creation and how God created man in his image I think about our hands. Have you ever thought about your hands and all that they can do? My boyfriend and I were comparing our hands the other day when it hit me that I take my hands for granted. Our Lord used His hands to heal, to work and to have nails driven through them in order to allow us to live in eternity. When I think about the significance of hands today, I am reminded of all the things that we do with our hands: wave, pat a hurting friends back, work, lift them in praise to our Lord, high five, talk to someone who can not hear, flip the pages of a book, type on the computer, dial a phone number, build a home for someone in need, grip the steering wheel, write a check for a charity, provide healing treatments for a sick child or adult, play cards with friends, play a musical instrument, write a note to a friend, and so much more. What blessing can you bring to someone's life today with your hands?

No comments:

Site Meter