As I was driving down the interstate on Monday, I heard a smack and realized that a rock had hit my windshield. I glanced at the windshield to look for a mark or a crack but I did not notice anything so I thought I was in the clear. However, when I got in my car Tuesday morning, I noticed a crack moving across my windshield and I realized that the crack started at the place where the windshield meets the car so I did not notice it right away. I look at it every time I get in the car and it continues to move a little bit further everyday. Until I get it fixed, it is going to keep moving and as long as the crack is there, my windshield is compromised.
As I was thinking about the windshield this morning, I thought about how sin is like the crack in the windshield. Sometimes we "hear" and "see" sin but we don't notice a difference in our lives right away but over time a crack begins to appear in our life and it can compromise our relationship with ourselves, others and with God. We can ignore the sin only for so long before we need a remedy (like the crack in the windshield). Our remedy for sin is like getting a new windshield. We need to acknowledge the sin (recognize the crack), ask for forgiveness (call the windshield repair people) and God will wipe away our sin (new windshield).
CA Wildlife
6 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment