Monday, April 9, 2007

Storms of Life

Have you ever been strolling along in life (or at least you think you are strolling along in life) when all of a sudden you are in the middle of a category 5 hurricane? Have ever you ever been so sad that words can not describe the pain and loss? What about your ribs hurting because you held back sobs but also hurting because of the sobs you have had?

Last week, I had the privilege to attend a revival and on the last night (Friday), the pastor, Brother York, talked about storms in life. He shared that all of us have either been through a storm, are in the midst of one or getting ready to go through a storm? He shared several things about storms: 1) storms can be self-imposed; 2) storms may be due to the choices of others; or 3) storms are from God. When we enter a storm we should remember three things: 1) when a storm arises, it is going to cause problems because storms in life are disruptive to our lives and they are demanding; 2) when we are going through a storm, we need to remember the promises of Jesus that He will never leave us nor forsake us and God will see us through the storm and we should live by the verse "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"; and 3) the storm will always show where I am spiritually and I need to look at how I react to the storm when it hits and I need to look at my life and ask "what in life matters and is important"?.

On Sunday afternoon, I entered a category 5 hurricane that has hurt my heart and soul immensely and I may lose someone whom I deeply love. I may lose someone who has touched my life in more ways than I can describe and someone who has given me 2 years of happiness and joy. There are many tough part of this storm but two that are the toughest: 1) I may lose someone who is my best friend and 2) I am praying through this with all of my heart to keep myself from getting angry. I know that I need to look deep within to find out what this storm is showing me about myself and my relationship with God but sometimes that is hard when there is so much hurt that my soul aches. I know in my heart and soul that God has a plan and there will be a calming to this storm in my life but it is hard.
Are you going through a storm right now? If you are, I pray that you will turn to God during this time and focus on Him. Don't allow your heart to become full of bitterness and anger but instead fill it with Christ's love and know that He is holding you in His arms. If you need me to pray for any storm you are going through, please let me know. Please pray for me during this storm in my life. Pray that I will look deep within my heart to discover how I fed this storm in my life and how I can be a better person and a stronger Christian woman and how I can support the other person who is in this storm with me and who is hurting as I am.

Some last words I want to leave with you are words from the song "Praise You In This Storm"by Casting Crowns. On Sunday, I came across this song on my ipod and I think I listened to it about 10 times. I hope it touches your heart as it has touched mine.

"Praise You In This Storm"
I was sure by now That You would have reached down

And wiped our tears away stepped in and saved the day but once again, I say "Amen," and it's still raining
And as the thunder rolls I barely hear you whisper through the rain "I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
And I'll Praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will Praise You in this storm
I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't Find you
And as the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain "I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God that gives
And takes away
And I'll Praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn I will
Praise You in this storm
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of Heaven and Earth
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of Heaven and Earth
And I'll Praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will Praise You in this storm
And though my heart is torn
I will Praise You in this storm

No comments:

Site Meter