From Sunday, April 8th until Friday, April 13th, my life was in the midst of a Category 5 hurricane. What I didn't realize while I was in the hurricane was that God was calling my name and trying to show me that I was not trusting in Him and I was not giving Him the control. I was so caught up in my own sorrow, hurt and anger and yelling at God "why, why, why are you putting me through this", that I did not see that God was holding me up and He was waiting for me to give Him the control.
On Friday, after many hours of tears, sobbing, talking and forgiveness, God calmed the storm. Once I handed Him the control and I was honest with Him about my emotions and feelings (once I said them out loud), I believe that God said "Thank you. Now I am in control and I will take care of everything according to My will." Besides being honest with God, I spent my Friday being completely open and honest with my special someone in my life and he was honest with me and through our honesty and openness, we both began to experience healing within ourselves and with one another.
I don't know what my future holds with my special someone but I am praying for strength and courage for both of us and I am rejoicing in the fact that I feel God's power all around me and He knows what I need.
Isn't it amazing what happens in our lives when we give God the control and we give up our selfish desires. What did I get you ask? Healing, courage, strength and stronger faith!
CA Wildlife
6 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment